Dressing for Success in the Classroom
It is the intent of Oxford that students be dressed and groomed in an appropriate manner that will not interfere with, or detract from, the school environment or disrupt the educational process. In order to promote and instill a professional, effective, and healthy learning environment, foster school unity and community pride, eliminate social stigmas that may be attributed to attire, and to minimize distractions to allow students to focus on learning, the Oxford Board and community has developed a Uniform Policy.
Oxford’s Uniform Policy – The Details
- All students are expected to wear clothes that comply with our uniform dress code policy to school each day and on field trips.
- Uniform pieces with Oxford logos are available for purchase, however, students are not required to purchase their uniform from any specific vendor.
- Any student or parent who needs assistance with identifying or purchasing the school uniform should contact the school office at (949) 305-6111 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- No student shall be sent home from school or denied attendance to school, or penalized academically or otherwise discriminated against, for noncompliance with this Uniform Policy. We will contact parents and provide the student with a uniform for the day.
- Students or parents requesting an exemption from any provision of this dress code for religious or other reasons should contact the school office at (949) 305-6111 or email@example.com.
- Shoes for all students (TK-8) will be closed toe and should coordinate with the school uniform (coordinating colors are black, white, grey, silver, orange, and aqua). Socks should also coordinate with the school uniform colors.