SOC Attendance Procedures
Updated 1/23/19 and shared in the yearly Start-Up Packet
Report An Absence:
Choose one of the following:
- Visit our website and click on the ‘Report an Absence’ button. Please complete the requested information.
- Email Attendance at AttendanceSOC@oxfordchampions.com.
- Report the absence to the front office staff in person or by phone at 949-305-6111.
- A doctor’s note is requested for absences of more than three (3) consecutive days due to illness.
- You may request make-up work assignments directly from your teacher.
Requesting Make-up Work:
- Students are given the opportunity to make up schoolwork missed for any excused absences upon their return to school. As a general policy, a student is allowed one (1) day to complete make-up work for each day of excused absence from school.
- Please inform your teacher by 9AM if you are requesting work for your child’s absence. Same day requests may be picked up in the office at the end of the school day.
- For planned absences of less than five days, please contact the teacher in advance to give time to gather work.
- Requesting work for your child’s absence is not the same as requesting a Short Term Independent Study contract.
- Any student who is not lined up, and arrives to school after the bell rings at 8:30AM, is considered tardy and must go to the front office to receive a tardy slip.
- Tardiness due to doctor’s appointments will be considered excused only if accompanied by a doctor’s note. Any tardy over 30 minutes without a doctor’s note is considered truant.
- Morning tardiness due to illness will be considered excused without a doctor’s note, but will be limited to two (2) per trimester. More than two (2) two per trimester will require a doctor’s note.
Short Term Independent Study Process:
- Short Term Independent Study can be requested for planned time away of five (5) or more days. The contract should be initiated through Attendance at least five (5) school days prior to the scheduled time off. The Attendance Clerk will explain the Short Term IS contract, get the necessary signatures, and explain the procedures to you.
- The contract will be forwarded to the teacher, who will prepare the assignments that will go home with the student the day before his/her scheduled time away.
- Requests for Short Term IS may not be made after an absence has occurred.
- Each student is allowed three (3) separate contracts per school year.
- Contracts can range from five (5) days up to twenty (20)
- The contract and the completed assignments must be turned in to the student’s teacher on the first day back from Short Term IS in order to receive attendance credit.