School Site Council
The SSC is made up of parents, staff, and administrators and works collaboratively to review the school plan or single plan for student achievement, establish a new budget, and work to provide counsel on matters of the school to the principal. The SSC meets at least six times a year and membership is on a rotating basis. Applications for new members are open in the spring of each year. Members serve two year terms.
2021 Agendas & Minutes
If you have questions about the School Site Council please contact administration.
20-21 School Site Council Meetings:
- September 23, 2020
- October 28, 2020
- November 18, 2020
- January 27, 2021
- February 24, 2021
- March 24, 2021
- April 28, 2021
- May 26, 2021
2021 School Site Council Members:
- Denise Alvarado, Chancellor
- Betsy Freiler, Parent
- Naeko Karst, Parent
- Karima Rajan, Parent
- T Ceballos, Parent
- Addie Matthews, ASB President
- Aidan Agarwal, Alumni
- Kelley Fogarty, Classified
- Bryan Rechtien, Interim Dean
- Brittany Baney, Teacher
- Charlee Sessions, Teacher
The purpose of the Site Advisory Council is to:
- Promote stakeholder participation in the school;
- Disseminate information to the stakeholder communities and solicit views from community members;
- Advise the Board of Directors on matters affecting the well-being of participants in the school; and,
- Assist in the development, evaluation, and implementation of alternatives and solutions to issues that confront the school community and the Board of Directors.
The Goals of the Advisory Council are to:
- Develop and evaluate educational goals and objectives that improve student achievement.
- Develop activities that generate a greater cooperation between the community and the school.
- Provide a clear voice to specific needs that might arise at the school site (safety, facilities, etc.).
- Provide a forum for discussion of the school, plans and concerns, and supply feedback to the Board of Directors and/or associated bodies.
- Assist in promoting a positive school image and climate and effective relations with all school constituents.
- Encourage parent engagement, involvement in the educational process, and school connectedness.
- Review Annual LCAP (Local Control Accountability Plan) and provide feedback.
As a friendly reminder, any parent may attend a School Site Council Meeting during the school year; they do not need to be a member. However, only parents elected to SSC may vote if there is a need to change, modify, and/or alter the School Plan and/or school expenditures based upon student needs.